Customer Success Story - Winning Solution Leads to Production Efficiency and On-Time Deliveries
NutraScience Labs was able to ensure efficient and quick production runs for a well-known brand of beauty supplements. When the unsteady supply of bottles dampened productivity, our team came up with an out-of-the-box solution for our client, at no additional cost to them. The sustainable success shows how our winning solution produced results that were way beyond the customer's expectations.
The client, a beauty, anti-aging, health and wellness brand, chose NutraScience Labs as their supplement manufacturing partner because of our extensive experience in the nutraceutical industry. They were confident that we could support them with the knowledge, service, and flexibility they wanted. Fair pricing, industry guidance, quality finished product, communication, and meeting mandated product completion dates were this client’s focus.
The custom bottles and lids – for order volume in excess of 100,000 bottles for several different products – were supplied by the client in smaller batches.
The manufacturing unit was constantly waiting on truck deliveries to bring sufficient quantities to complete a run of the product. As a result, delivery dates and outbound shipments of the finished product were delayed.
Finding a way for the bottles and lids to reach the manufacturing facility in a timely way, ensuring production runs were not delayed and ran efficiently.
Since these were customer-supplied bottles, we explored the idea of supplying bottles ourselves. After completing a thorough cost analysis and lead time review, it was determined that this was not the solution.
We also explored the idea of expanding our warehouse. We studied the pros and cons. The main challenges were the risk and the expense. We decided that taking on the liability and the expense of additional warehouse space & warehouse staff would be the best option. Since this was a company decision, it would not be an expense we would pass on to the customer.
Although we did not have a manufacturing contract that guaranteed that the client would keep their business with us, we made this decision based on trust and appreciation for our customer’s faith in our capability.
By adding warehouse space, we were able to:
- Dedicate both personnel and space to this customer’s empty bottle inventory before scheduled manufacturing.
- Store more than 100,000 bottles at a time, allowing our company to control the logistics and storage of the bottles every time we received an order from our customer to start production.
- Allow our customer to order more empty bottles and lids ahead of their purchasing schedule and to ship those bottles to us in large bulk quantities to store on their behalf.
- It allowed us to meet product completion dates, as well as control unknown factors ahead of time (damaged bottles received, delays in receiving bottles, etc.).
- Mutual trust and the resulting benefit also strengthened our relationship with the customer.
- This led to a positive chain reaction - more flexible customer terms, the ability to manufacture larger volumes mapped to future product forecasts (for later in the year).
By manufacturing larger quantities at a time, we created avenues for cost savings and the ability to have ready finished product inventory available in time - maintaining our flexibility to increase or decrease the scale of the finished product based on customer demand.
How Can NutraScience Labs Help You?
If tangible results, sustainable growth, and innovative solutions are what your dietary supplement brand needs, contact NutraScience Labs - Call (855) 492-7388 to speak with one of our representatives or send us your request for a free price quote.